Disable the touchscreen on a notebook
The driver that controls the touchscreen can be disabled through the device manager.
Use the following steps to disable your touch screen driver:
- Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
- Tap or click Search, then type Device Manager.
- From search results, tap or click Device Manager.
- Tap or click the arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
- From the list, look for the driver HID-compliant touchscreen. If you do not see this driver and they are listed as “USB Input Device”, try disabling and re-enabling one at a time until the touch screen stops responding.
- Right-click the driver, then select Disable.
- Click Yes. If prompted, restart the computer.
After the computer restarts the touch-functionality should be disabled. To get your touch-functionality back, re-enable the drive you disabled and restart the computer if necessary.
If you do not know how to connect an additional device to your computer, and you need instructions on how to connect it correctly, you can use the search bar on this website (located in the upper right part of any page) or
To use any computer device, software (driver) is required. It is recommended to use the original software that came with your computer device.
If you do not have the software, and you cannot find it on the website of the manufacturer of the computer device, then we will help you. Tell us the model of your printer, scanner, monitor or other computer device, as well as the version of the operating system (for example: Windows 10, Windows 8, etc.).
Find out which macOS your Mac is using (Use About This Mac to see the version of Mac operating system installed on your Mac, and find out whether it's the latest version).
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Mojave, followed by its version number. If you need to know the build number as well, click the version number to see it.