Chromebooks – How to Set Up and Use Google Cloud Print
How to set up and use Google Cloud Print.
Set up Chromebook for printing
Chromebooks do not support printing from local printers via USB port. To print from your Chromebooks, you need to connect to the Google Cloud Print service and share a printer:
- Download and install Google Chrome to the computer where the printer is connected.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and sign in using the Google account information used to sign in to the Chromebook.
- Click the menu button on the browser toolbar in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and, under Google Cloud Print, click Manage.
- Click Add printers to search for and find accessible printers over the network.
- Select the printer(s) you wish to add.
If you do not know how to connect an additional device to your computer, and you need instructions on how to connect it correctly, you can use the search bar on this website (located in the upper right part of any page) or
To use any computer device, software (driver) is required. It is recommended to use the original software that came with your computer device.
If you do not have the software, and you cannot find it on the website of the manufacturer of the computer device, then we will help you. Tell us the model of your printer, scanner, monitor or other computer device, as well as the version of the operating system (for example: Windows 10, Windows 8, etc.).
Find out which macOS your Mac is using (Use About This Mac to see the version of Mac operating system installed on your Mac, and find out whether it's the latest version).
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Mojave, followed by its version number. If you need to know the build number as well, click the version number to see it.